Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chaitanya Benched


We spoke to Chaitanya regarding the whole incident and this was what he had to say. "The judges always believed that I was never up to the mark. In spite of my severe leg and back injury I gave my 100%. Mouni is a trained dancer so it was much easier for her. I feel terrible that I have been benched. I always wanted to be by my team's side. Even though I have been benched I will practice hard and will give a much better performance next week."When asked to elaborate on his injuries, he adds, "Last week when I was dancing I was using a chair as a prop. I slipped with the chair and fell on my ankle. Meanwhile, I also severely hurt my back. The doctor told me to take a month's bed rest. But I had two dance performances immediately after my injury. I even performed with a sprained ankle. Now that I am benched at least I will get a week's rest." Rachit Kamath, Hill Road Media

No comments: